Maritime Transport Department
To ensure the provision of safe, secure, and efficient shipping services and the protection of the marine environment from ship source pollution. We are also to oversee to the training, engagement, and welfare of Somaliland seafarers.
- Conduct seafarers’ examinations
- Issuance of Certificates of Competency
- Issuance of Seafarers’ Record Books and Certificates of Discharge.
- Registration of ships and seafarers.
- licensing Inland Water Transport Vessels
- Engage, discharge, and attend to the welfare of seamen
- Conduct safety equipment surveys
- Survey inland water vessels
- Maritime Advisory services to Government
- Ensure that all vessels including fishing vessels that fly the Somaliland flag comply with safety regulations for operational purposes.