LAND TRANSPORT AND MECHANICAL SERVICE DEPARTMENT
The land transport and mechanical service Department mainly undertaking repairs and maintenance of vehicles, plants, equipment and offering technical advisory services.
- Managing and operating a rapid response unit out of the ministry residual fleet.
- Rendering advice to Government departments and the public on matters relating to mechanical engineering in aspects of vehicles and machinery.
- Assist Government in planning, procuring, and managing the maintenance of specialized equipment e.g ferries.
- Examining public garages to undertake vehicle testing;
- Maintain and manage Government vehicle/equipment inventory database
- Calibration of diesel injection pumps/injectors, cleaning of petrol injectors;
- Engine management diagnosis and emissions control; Panel beating; Painting; Automotive electrical repair;
- Automotive air conditioning repair; and Vulcanizing work;
- Repair of the engine, power train, suspension, brakes, and wheel alignment.
- Resurfacing engine block and cylinder head;
- Ascertaining the fault reported by the car user;